Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fangirl moment. . .

I'm a big fan of actor/entertainer, Jesse L. Martin. He can sing, dance, and acts his ass off. Take a look at him. He has the most adorable smile. *sigh* This was my celebrity tribute to him, for a contest last year. It didn't win the contest, but it sure felt good writing it.
Whether telling perps to "sit yo' ass down,"
or singing "I'll Cover You."
His adorable smile makes watching worthwhile,
he's a handsome man, it's true.
Far more than good looks he does possess
for his talents are immense.
The singing Detective not only croons,
the man can also dance.
On table tops, on subway cars,
on stages of Broadway;
watch as he fulfills his dream
of portraying Marvin Gaye.
Hear him sing and watch him dance,
your attention he commands.
And someday soon he'll get his due,
an Oscar in his hands.
Copyright (c) 2007 VEMathis
Of course, he's not a detective anymore. He left Law & Order, in April of this year, to pursue other things. He's slated to star as Marvin Gaye, in the biopic titled Sexual Healing, which is now scheduled for 2010. I have to say, I usually wait until a movie releases to DVD and rent it through Netflix, but I can't wait for this one to hit the movie theaters! I'll be the first one in line.
Okay, fangirl moment over. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment