Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Life...or something like it

“When you were born you were crying & everyone else was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you’re the one who is smiling & everyone else is crying"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

That is such a profound statement, and how I try to live my life. Sometimes I slip, sometimes I stumble. But, thankfully, God always puts me back on track. I can truthfully say that over the course of this past year, I stepped from under the covering of His protective umbrella.

I’ve been out, doing things on my own. Because of that, I’ve had emotional setbacks and financial setbacks. Now that I’m back under His umbrella of love and guidance, I see things differently. I see them for what they are, not what I want them to be. And, as a result, I’ve had to distance myself from some things and some people.

I’ve gotten weird looks; questions of “what’s going on with you? Why are you acting so differently?” The answer is simple: I'd forgotten that sometimes, God's answer is “no,” or “not right now.” I had developed a bout of temporary insanity and forgotten my place. I’d forgotten who I was and what I deserved. I’d forgotten that I am a Virtuous Woman.

My memory has returned.

Until God gives me some direction, I will wait patiently for Him to turn the “no” into a “yes.” While I wait on the Lord, I will meditate on the Scripture, “Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.” (Proverbs 31:10 KJV)

That’s all for now, Bloggers. Stay Blessed and happy.

VEM

No comments:

Post a Comment