Monday, June 11, 2012

Now I can breathe

Hey everyone.  I can breathe a sigh of relief now, my Men's & Women's Day program is over.  It was beautiful.  Our guest preacher, Rev. Percy Coker, formerly of Grace Memorial Baptist Church, now at Dreamland Park Missionary Baptist Church, in Winston-Salem, NC, was awesome!  He had the house rocking!

It was a wonderful sermon, a great day, and we all had a fine time in the House of the Lord.  And, oh the colors.  I don't know if I told you the color scheme was lavendar and gray.  And those colors are pretty together.  The pulpit looked great with the flowers and everyone in the program wore a corsage or lapel pin and they rocked them.  Everyone liked the fans and bookmarks and treat boxes; all in all, everything turned out great.  Thank you, Lord!  I was worried at first, since I had to do it all myself.  But He had my back the entire time.  Now I can slink back into the obscure shadows.  LOL  I kinda like it there.  Nobody bothers me, 

I had a lot of fun making everything for the program, but it was a lot of work.  I mean a lot.  A whole lot.  Now I know better.  If I do this program next year, I'm going to make it easy on myself.  Not going to slack up on anything, but nothing as tedious as those boxes!  They were cute and made a lovely presentation, but half of them were in the trash can before the people left the church.  All the folding and cutting and gluing and labeling and ribbon curling, which took HOURS to get done, gone in a matter of seconds.  But they did look nice .  LOL  Here's a picture of one of them:


It's not showing up very well, but they boxes were pretty.  I made 100 of them.  That's the front. 







I don't think I showed you a picture of the flowers.  Anyway,
this


became this===>








And, I wound up getting three jobs from all this!  God is good.  I was not expecting anything like that.  I did all this because I love crafting.  But God, in His infinite wisdom, has my back.  Amen!

Til next time,

Stay Blessed and happy.

VEM

No comments:

Post a Comment