Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Crocheted Purse

I got up Saturday morning and did my house cleaning, as usual. Around noon, I took a break, had a bite to eat, and by three, I was finished making this purse.


This was a super easy pattern to follow and lickety-split quick to complete. I had made the flowers that are attached, to be used as pins, but I liked them so much and they were big and pretty, so I attached them to the purse. I don't know if you can make out the little bronze squares at the top, but I plunked them off of an old blouse I was trashing. I don't know about you, but I recycle buttons, and odds and ends off of clothes, after they've been worn out and no longer usable. Whenever I need to embellish a purse, or scarf or whatever, I reach in my handy-dandy bag and generally find something I can use.

I made mine a litte different from the pattern, which can be found here:
Clustered Tote Bag, in that, I did 2 rows black, 3 rows white, 5 rows brown, 3 rows white, and finished with 1 row black before I started the double crochet row. I also made a lining for mine.

I love this pattern. I think I might make another on in all black and get a funky color for the lining and maybe add a zipper. I'm such a bag lady! I love purses and totes and clutches and wristlets and shoulder bags and... well, you get the picture. LOL

That's it for now. Stay Blessed and happy.

VEM

No comments:

Post a Comment